"I was sick and you cared for me." Matthew 25:36
Welcome to my website! I'm Jennifer, a pharmacist and medical missionary committed to showing God's love in practical ways throughout the world. I post pictures and stories periodically, usually while traveling. Please click on the link below for my most recent updates.
STATS from the developing world
| * Approximately 22,000 children die each DAY from preventable and/or easily treatable diseases (diseases like diarrhea, malnutrition, and simple respiratory illnesses.)|
* Between 70 and 80% of the world's population lives outside the reach of health services (more than 4 hours from medical care or prohibited by economic barriers)
* One out of every 10 babies born in developing countries will not survive to the age of five (and those are the babies who survive childbirth!)
If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18
- Our next outreach is in Nicaragua. I'll go there in February with a planning team, medics will do a medical outreach in March
- The 2012-2013 medic class finished their emergency certifications in December and are currently studying Developing World Medicine.
- New leaders are helping me teach the class this spring. Please pray for their ability to be patient with me!
- Please pray for fundraising as teams prepare for this year's outreaches in Nicaragua, Ethiopia, Ecuador, and India
- I'm preparing to spend much of this summer in Ecuador studying Spanish more intensively. Please pray as I make these plans.