- for wisdom and energy as I lead the Mission Medics training program through the Boise Vineyard (Vineyard College of Mission)
- for strength and energy as I plan another year of medic outreaches: Nicaragua, Ethiopia, Ecuador, and India.
- for the opportunity to show many people how much Jesus loves them
- for transformed lives and communities as people discover the reality of Christ
- for my personal health and safety
- for strengthened faith and growth as I continue to follow God in new directions
- for donated medical supplies and medications
- for the ability to cure diseases and change lives
- for good teaching and leadership skills
- for my parents as they landlord my house and take care of other needs from home
"Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." 2 Corinthians 10:17
Answered prayer from Peru:
- We saw God heal people - through medicine, through prayer, through forgiveness, through spiritual heart change. Wow.
Answered prayer from Ethiopia:
- I came home rested, energized, and brimming with new ideas.
- We trained mothers, staff workers, missionaries, and the clinic nurse. We're already making plans to go back next year after another center opens with new staff.
Answers to prayer from India:
- We were able to encourage and energize the missionaries we worked with - one of my biggest goals for this trip.
- We safely hiked over very steep mountains to offer medical care and spiritual encouragement in villages of northern India
- Clinics in southern India ran smoothly and hundreds of patients were treated.
- Basic Healthcare training sessions went better than I could have imagined. Indian staff members who completed the training told me of their plans to teach others - true success in my mind.
Answers to prayer and praises from Ecuador:
- I built many new relationships with like-minded people (I'm not crazy - other people like doing this stuff, too!)
- Confirmation of the quality of the Mission Medic training program
- Great times of ministry and healing
- Vision for using Mission Medic outreaches in church planting
Answers to prayer in Philippines (2010):
- Safe travel up and down muddy mountain trails
- Sweet times of ministry and fellowship with villagers
- The northern Philippines feels like a second home to me. It is a blessing to return again and again.
Answers to prayer in India (2009):
- Smooth pharmacies despite extremely busy medical clinics (>500 people/day)
- Safe travel despite flight delays, taxi strikes, and traveling by myself
- Great timing spending a week up north with Ryan and Amanda as new missionaries arrived and an extra set of hands was needed.
- Many opportunities for future work: training Calvary Chapel orphanage healthcare workers in basic medical skills and assisting Ryan and Amanda in healthworker trainings in northern villages
Answers to prayer in Peru:
- Two pharmacists came with me to Peru. They were a huge blessing and are both excited to do more of this work in the future
- Smooth travel - no trouble with flights, baggage, buses, taxis... or my legs (lots of walking).
- I had a restful month with lots of early morning prayer and worship (it is nice to not be in charge!) I feel "filled up" and renewed.
- This trip blessed me with new friends and mentors who have passions very similar to mine.
Answers to prayer in the Philippines (2009):
- God multiplied our time and allowed us to individually visit hundreds of families in their homes and huts
- God protected us physically and emotionally as we drove and hiked into remote mountain areas
- This team was awesome - easy to lead and well-balanced with lots of different gifts and talents
Answers to prayer in Kenya:
- We watched God infuse hope and joy into a place of hopelessness.
- God miraculously provided money and logistics as we handed out blankets, cornmeal, beans, vitamins, worm medication, and a Bible (in the local dialect) to EVERY family in the refugee camp!
- Medical clinics ran smoothly
- As a team we felt safe at all times
- I saw lives changed and hope restored as never before -These trips restored my enthusiasm for short-term medical outreaches
Answers to prayer in Bolivia:
- I was able to clear 140lbs of donated medications through customs with no problems.
- Medical clinics and the very busy pharmacy ran extremely smoothly.
- Hundreds of Bolivians received excellent medical care and learned about Christ's love through our words and actions.
Answers to prayer in Zambia:
- Women of the Mapalo church in Zambia wept when we presented them with sewing machines and fabric to use for earning a living.
- I was able to connect deeply with several Zambian families, and had a blast playing with and hugging hundreds of children.
- No team members got seriously ill.
- Pastor Francis, a Zambian pastor who is the bedrock of this ministry partnership, has recovered from serious illness and been given a clean bill of health.
- Strong partnerships have been forged for future work in Zambia.
Answers to prayer in Philippines (2006):
- Our medics treated over 6,000 patients during this 3 month outreach (Fall 2006).
- The poor received treatment, education, and prayers that will continue to affect their lives long after we leave.
- Dozens of patients and Filipino friends accepted Christ as Lord and our partner churches will follow up with hundreds more.